Friday, June 10, 2005

This Week At The Camp

Well, another first this weekend. While at the camp we had a huge storm blow through. It was craziness. When the storm came into the canyon, it turned out to be a 1/4 mile wide tornado that dropped into the canyon and got stuck there. We watched the clouds spin around us as we sat pretty much in the eye of a tornadic cell for almost 40 minutes. Be praying for the camp as they clean up. The miraculous thing is that there was a camp of 250 children there plus the full camp staff, and no one was hurt! There was flood and wind damage to some of the buildings and trees, but all in all, God did a great miracle last night.
On another note, I've finished my second week of discipling the students at the camp. It has been a rewarding process, but very tiring. I've spent much of this week doing one-on-one discipling with a group of sharp guys. And I've gotten to know the whole staff in a closer way. We had worship on Tuesday evening. And then the staffers came to our house Wednesday to have lunch and watch some Napoleon. I'm really looking forward to watching God do some great things in the lives of the camp staffers this summer. I'm blessed to just be a part of what's going on. I'm sure I'll mention more about the camp as the summer goes on!
In the words of Kip Dynamite, "Peace Out."

No comments: