Friday, September 23, 2005

A Timely Word (x's 4)!

I know I just posted yesterday, so forgive me. But today has been a banner day, and I've got to get this down. It's long, and I'm also still on muscle relaxers, so if my spelling is off and this seems long, please forgive me! Anway, I love those days when you really get to hear God speak to you. I'm not talking the booming voice from behind the clouds. Although, the man he seems to use a lot in my life to speak truth to me has a golden voice! His name is Nick, and he always seems to have the right word for me at just the right time. I always tell him he could come read me Scriptures at night to help me drift off to sleep. Anyway, I digress. This morning, Nick reminded me of something that I easily lose sight of all the time. We had an area youth minster's meeting (and I'm still invited...lol) this morning at a local coffee shop. After everyone else left, Nick said to me, "Jason, you are highly esteemed by God. He has great plans for you. You just need to wait." Then he quoted Daniel 10, which says, "12 Then he continued, 'Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.'" He reminded me that God knows where I am, knows what is going on, and knows what's best for me. He reminded me that God has an answer for me. I just need to wait. The answers are coming. Of course, I know that. Everyone knows that. But I had lost sight of that. Nick reminded me. Well, God reminded me through Nick.
Then, I was having lunch with Joe, a pastor from a near by town, and he asked me, "What are some of your strengths?" I shared a little about my spiritual gift (teaching), and as I was sharing, God gave me another reminder. I remembered many of the times that I've been sharing truth with someone and the light came on for them. It's a magical, mystical, God moment when that happens. It makes the struggle worth the effort to see someone finally dial-in to God. It's awesome! And more than anything else, seeing them tune-in for the first time...that's Gold, Baby. And that's what it's all about. Being useful in someone else realizing God's fame for the first time!
And then, a third time today, God spoke to me. I was reading my friend Parke's blog, and was shocked that I was mentioned there. It's not in a bad way at all. Nor is it bad to be mentioned on another blog. It was one of those good shocks, where, as I read it i went in and woke my wife up to tell her I had made it onto Parke's blog. You have to know Parke, though. He and I met at a conference a month ago, and he really impressed me. He is a gifted encourager. And this evening, as I read his blog, he hit the nail on the head with an analogy. Here's what he wrote:
The Fog of Life
In computer strategy games there's a common feature called "the fog of war." If you visit an area of the map, you'll always have some general sense of the major landmarks, but if you don't visit again or keep people in the area you'll quickly see a grayed area indicating that there's some mystery about what will happen if you return there. Is there an ambush waiting? You don't know. You have to go there to find out.
A number of fellow bloggers,
The Bishop and Kieth Giles, are both walking out into a fog of life right now. Both are sure that God is good and know many things about how God works, but they don't know much about what's around the bend. We've all been there so if you get a chance stop by and share some encouragement. It's always great to be reminded that others have taken risks and succeeded before.
Parke, 12:34 PM
He's so right! And the best part is, the God who is leading is the God who reminded me twice earlier today that He made the map, and He equipped me for the journey, and I need not fear. All I need to do is live a life that gives people the opportunity to have an "ah-ha" moment with Christ!
I've been in a funk for about a week, and tonight it is done. Tomorrow, I'm going to meet someone at a local coffee shop that is now part of my daily routine. His name is Rick. He works the mornings at Aroma's. And I'm praying that he will have an ah-ha moment in the near future. What's beyond that is not important. Today, I've had an "o yeah" moment, as my Savior and Friend reminded me about what's important.
Then, Tonight, during our worship gathering, my wife told me if we have to live smaller to do what God wants, that's what it's all about. I asked her if her parents were freaked out about what we're doing. She said, "No. They've watched God provide for us over the last 10 years. They trust Him, and they trust you." Christ gave me such freedom when she said that. He reminded me of His goodness and His faithfulness. Come what may, we will be able to say we chased God with all our hearts! I'm done with worrying, talking money, and worrying about making a living. Christ is my living, and that's all we need. I will be able to tell my children, no matter what the cost, their daddy chased Christ, and the chase was worth the cost. Inspired, not required.
Jehovah Elah, You are surely the God that provides. That has never changed. Thank You for reminding me that You are on the journey with me. Thank you for speaking so clearly today. I imagine You've been speaking all the time, but I've been a little dense lately. Thank you for Godly friends who are sensitive to You, and speak the truth to me. Forgive me for my lack of faith and for trying to make things work in my time and in my strength. Satan has been houding me, and I'm fed up. No more. You are the Lord of my "map," the provider of answers, the giver of all good things, the light that brings life to those who are dead in darkness. I WILL TRUST YOU, AND YOU ALONE. Amen and Amen.

No comments: