Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Conversation


I realized something the other day. I was filling out a short bio sheet about myself and it asked about my hobbies and interests. I listed Tae Kwon Do, Paintball, hockey, reading, music, and a few other things. Then I paused...I do all of those things, and look forward to them, but it didn't really capture the essence of what I am about. That's the point of the question, right? It's supposed to give people a feel for the "color" of your life. So I really got to thinking about what get's me most excited. What is it that I immediately call home to talk to Caryn about? I discovered my real hobby; it's conversations. I love to talk to people. Whether it's over coffee, lunch, or during tae kwon do, it's a lot more fun when you have someone to talk to while you eat or play. It's a lot more engaging to read if you will have someone to talk to about what you read. Sure, these are some of the activities I enjoy, but the one I enjoy the most (and have for years) just popped up and slapped me in the face! How could I miss it? I love to talk to people. If you ever need to talk, give me a call. I truly would love to talk to you!

1 comment:

linley said...

I have realized that some of Father's greatest revelations to me have occurred in conversation with people (believers and non-believers). Great picture!