Monday, October 20, 2008

One of those days...

For me, as I've mentioned before, Sunday is "GO Day!"  Yesterday was no exception.  I was at the building at 7 a.m. getting the LIFE Group info table organized and moving some stuff around.  Band rehearsal kicks it at 7:30 a.m.  At 8:30 I grab a quick breakfast and pray with the band.  9:00 we do the music for the first service.  9:45 found me printing pictures for a booth I was manning for an annual gathering of local churches.  10:30 hugged my wife and kids since I hadn't seen them yet that day.  10:45 we started the next service.  12:30 I left the building to go have lunch with my students at Taco Bell.  By 1:45 I was at Calvary Baptist Church setting up the Ignite booth, which I manned until 5:00.  By 5:15 I was getting everything ready for The Journey's gathering at J&B.  7:30 we wrapped up and headed to dinner, which we do every Sunday night.  I was home by 9:00 and watching Seattle get trounced by Tampa Bay, and asleep by 1:00.  It was a crazy day, but in the middle of it all I got to talk to A TON of people.  And it wasn't just talk, there were some meaningful conversations, and the sharing of some lives that made the day really special.  I guess that's what gets me through those busy days:  I get so engrossed in the conversations that I don't realize I've been on my feet for 7 hours, or haven't eaten in 5 hours.  And the cool thing is that each conversation reminds me that people really do long to be connected, to be known, and to know others.  It's just a matter of being where they are to connect with them.  Even this morning, I had a great conversation with Rick and April at J&B.  Although yesterday was an 18 hour day, it was a great day.  I'm finding myself having more of "those days" than bad days, or even boring/uneventful days.  Don't get me wrong, just like my friend Courtney said last night, those days when we get a break are great.  But I get my batteries recharged with people...So, I'm off to have lunch with 10 folks right now!  Peace!

1 comment:

Michael said...

It must be nice to be recharged by people. I'm the opposite, and have to have peace and quiet to get recharged. That's part of why I like my quiet time so much.