Thursday, August 06, 2009

Asia Is Around The Corner



It's almost here! In October, my entire family, along with some friends who are as close as family, will be heading back to our city in East Asia. I am excited about my family going with me. It will be all three of them's first time out of the country. And what a GREAT opportunity for them to be a part of changing the world. I've asked them to tell me why they want to go, and here's their responses:

Jeremiah (my 9 year old son):
"I want to go because I want to share Jesus with some people. I want to see what it's like there and see what people do. I hope we will reach lots of people and that they will start spreading [The Gospel] with their friends."

Cayla (my 7 year old daughter):
"All my life I've known Jesus wanted me to go. I was 5 years old, I think, when I felt like God told me to go there. I've been waiting to go ever since."

Caryn: "I want to go with y'all for the same reasons you want to go. I want to share the Hope with others that they otherwise wouldn't know about."

Have I told you her story? When she was 5 years old, while riding her tricycle in the driveway, God called her to Asia. She came to me sobbing, unable to breath, as if something horrible had happened. After I got her calmed down, she said to me, "I'm gonna miss you and mommy!" and started crying again. When she finally calmed down, she told me she was going to miss us when she is in C**** telling people about Jesus! Not only was it the moment of her calling, but God used it to call me, too. He used her to set things in motion in my life going to East Asia to prepare the way for her to go. And now, 2 years later, she can barely contain herself that she gets to go AND she doesn't have to say goodbye to us to be able to go!

Here's where you come in: For our family to go will take around $8k. It's going to take even more than that in prayer support. If you'd be willing to help with prayer, finances, or however God leads you, would you drop me an e-mail at Jason@journeylubbock.org ? We have to get the ball rolling on Passports this week.

Thanks in advance for helping us follow Cayla's calling!

No comments: