Wednesday, November 08, 2006

And a part of me died...

Aroma's, my favorite coffee shop, changed ownership last week. The new owner seems to be a very personable lady. She's swept in and is making changes. Some of them very necessary and very good. She's working on the music system, rearranged furniture, adding live music, changing the art and decor. Business seems to be picking up. From a business standpoint, it looks very good and promising. But, I knew that some of these changes were going to be painful and difficult the first day she was "at the helm." I walked into Aroma's Therapy (the new name...) and instead of the familiar waft of coffee scent that greats my senses when I walk in, my pallet encountered the smell of berries from a strong scented candle. As I entered I noticed celaphane gift baskets on the counter. That's when it happened: my brain screamed, "the coffee shop has been feminized!" And a part of me died...

1 comment:

linley said...

hahaha! i didn't know that about aromas... i haven't been there in forever. i'm so sorry for your loss.

aroma's therapy? please...