Monday, November 13, 2006

Life on the Road

The last two years, when DNow (Disciple Now is a retreat done usually by local churches for their students) season hits I get swamped. I didn't realize last year that this year would be even more hectic. Last weekend was the only weekend I didn't have a trip scheduled (and I did take a trip rapelling in Palo Duro Canyon. You can see the pictures here: http://www.theheightsfellowship.org/youth/canyonexcursion.htm ). This weekend it was a bit different. The DNow was in town, and I had a great time. Next weekend, NOTHING! and then the next is Thanksgiving, followed by a college retreat in Birmingham, AL. Then a trip to California, and then it's just about Christmas time!
Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me as I travel. God has done some amazing things.
I leave in the morning for Austin, and a much needed break. I'm looking forward to getting to hang with some friends, eat some good ol' Austin food (Chuy's, HydePark Grill, etc.). If you are down that way, drop me a line. I'm still looking for an affordable place to sleep! Maybe I can get some Barry and Cory G. time!
Anyway, things are going well with The Journey. We're actually starting to see folks step up and take on the ministry. We're starting to multiply our efforts and God is blessing.
well, that's it for now. It's 1:30 a.m. on Sunday night/Monday morning, and I'm off to bed.
Peace in the East,
Jase

No comments: