Saturday, August 04, 2007

They've done it again.

I must say that few bands impress me with their grasp of theology and culture. But Jars of Clay seems to be the exception. In "Love Song For A Savior" they show a deep understanding for the doctrine of Salvation. And, in their latest song, "Work," they capture the essence of the human condition. I am moved when I hear these lyrics:
I cannot trust these voices; I don't have a line of prospects that can give some kind of peace. There is nothing left to cling to that can bring me sweet release.
I have no fear of drowning.
It's the breathing that's taking all this work.
Do you know what I mean when I say, "I don't want to be alone"?
What I mean when I say, "I don't want to be alone"

On the nose! Life is hard. And no one wants to be alone.

No comments: