Friday, April 24, 2009

My Recent Travels

Just a few hours ago, I returned from NE Asia where I hung out with some friends, shared the Good News, and rediscovered some things about home that I often take for granted. I missed the scent of my wife's hair. I love getting hugs from my kids. But when I showed up at Cayla and Jeremiah's school today, she just grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go! Never take for granted the hugs of your daughter. Jeremiah wanted to see pictures and here stories while he leaned against me. Never take for granted the lives that are impacted by the telling of your story.

Just a few minutes ago I realized how much I missed MILK, of all things!

I'm in full recovery mode, but am looking forward to narrating the trip here over the next few days.

In the mean time, my right ankle is swollen to the size of my calf, and is very painful. I think it's from the airplane, but I'm not sure. And I am trying to stay awake to force my body back into Texas time. Thanks for all of you who prayed for us, encouraged us, and financially supported us for this trip. Check back over the next few days for pictures, insights, and stories from the trip.

No comments: