Friday, November 11, 2005

Availability

I had a conversation today with a lady that works at a coffee house. She was working when her replacement never showed up, leaving her in the lurch with lunch and childcare. By time I heard about it, I think she had gotten things squared away. I did approach her, though, and make myself available to "fill in" when something like this happens. With my history/experience of coffee making, and my presence at the coffee house, it seemed like a good idea. Anyway, she seemed touched by my offer. I hope that the next time they are strapped for help, she'll pull out my card and call me! Be praying for one of those moments where things get so crazy you have no idea what to do. You know the kind of moment where you'll call on anyone for help? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I hope that my presence will have been a positive one, and that they will trust me to help the next time they find themselves in a pickle.

No comments: