Thursday, July 21, 2005

Finishing The Week


Well, I've got one teaching time left today, and then the trek home begins. I've really enjoyed being the Bible Study Leader for Master's Camp at Alto Frio this week. I was blessed with the opportunity to speak on Social Ethics, Moral Excellence, and a coherent response to World Religions. I spoke to about 600 people every morning for a couple of hours.
God richly blessed me this week. There were kids who received Christ. But I feel like there were students who stepped up to the next level in their walks! 2 Tim. 2:2 happened for me this week. There were some faithful people who will multiply the ministry! There is no telling where the people who were here this week will go from here, or who they will impact. My prayer is that God will do immeasureably greater things than I could imagine. The down side of this week, along with last week, is that I miss my family. I can't wait to see Caryn and the kids! I have talked to Caryn three or four times a day, but it's still not the same. Oh, to be home. I'm longing for home. I've been thinking about that as a follower of Christ, too. I want to be "home." I can't wait for His return. I talk to Him throughout the day, but it's not the same. I'm kinda homesick for that country where I'll never hurt or need again! As I told students this morning, when all the world has heard the Gospel, He will return. So I am going to keep preaching until He stops me or takes me home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is my middle name. sorry i ment to fix that but oh well...