Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Crisp Morning Air

After a day of clouds, I awoke to a crisp, autumn morning today. The rising sun peaking through the trees to our East illuminates the drops of dew on the still wet grass. The morning feels sureal. Song birds lift their voices in a merry chrous announcing that it is time to arise and embrace the day. The cool, 65 degree air brings invigeration as I breathe it in. Neighbors begin to leave there homes for whatever errands they have saved for today. I wonder as I watch them if they, too, have had the epiphany that I have had this morning. Life moves forward at a steady pace, flooding my existence with moment after moment that speaks of the eternal. It speaks of a Creator who has orchestrated every ray of sun, every drop of dew, every bird's song, and every gentle breeze; all to His great glorious praise! To simply arise and face the day with no appreciation of this would be like watching Star Wars in black and white, or eating grandma's home-made apple pie with no taste or smell. To think that humanity has been walking in this creation for thousands of years without much of a clue of the majestic glory of the Creator that surrounds us every minute of every day. Even though the Creator has been making known His invisible qualities through His creation, the created tend to get self-absorbed and miss the message.
If you have not yet experienced the Creator through His creation today, turn your computer off and step outside. Breathe in the air and allow the Creator to to remind you of His provision for you. Experience His great symphany of life and marvel anew at the wonder that is our God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom is having Trent and Kristin's wedding shower at the house. She totally can't do that. That's just weird. I told her that all the food and stuff should have lots and lots of mayo in it.
Anyway, I heard Jeff was going to be in town on Monday. I really want to see him but I have a class from 5-8 and then an interest meeting for my sorority right after that and since I'm an officer I'm required to be there. I'm really tempted to skip both the class and meeting to see him.
John and I aren't leaving for Lubbock until like 4 on Thursday so I don't think I can come to your church thing on thursday night. That makes me a little sad but I am definitely going to drop by sometime.

barry said...

Andrew picked "All Creatures of our God and King" last week in the worship set. It has been echoing in my head since then. I keep having the same kind of thoughts when I step outside since in cooled down into the 80's.

Katrina said...

Amen! Isn't it wonderful to belong, heart and soul, to the Lord of all creation?

He didn't have to make the earth beautiful, but He did. I can only imagine that He did it in delightful anticipation of our joy and in the hope that those who have His name written on their hearts would see Him everywhere they looked!

Johnny Leckie said...

Hey, Jason,

Great stuff. I was reading through your posts and was very much inspired and encouraged!

Enjoyed meeting you at the CPC the other day. Looking forward to seeing how the journey progresses...

Nathan Futrell said...

morning air burns my lungs.

The Bishop said...

Morning air wouldn't burn your lungs if you'd cut back to one pack a day...