Friday, October 07, 2005

The Mystic...

Now, for something I stumbled across as Nathan and I were talking about blog sites: The Mystic. Back in the day (Summer, 1988), I worked with a young man in the Dallas area named Erwin McManus. I was a summer missionary for the Dallas Baptist Association, and he was leading a team called First Priority (if I remember correctly). He spent some time with us teaching us how to share our faith in any situation, a technique that I've used very often. He is now the lead pastor for Mosaic church in Los Angeles. A friend of mine pastors a church that has ties to Mosaic, and our recent dialogue prompted me to find a new blog site that I've poured over tonight. Erwin's brother, Alex, has a blog site called "Into The Mystic" that has a great narrative about his quest to find a group of ancient warriors who are spiritual guides for those still in the fog. Go read it. No, really. I'll wait....
As I read it, something stirred in me. A chord was struck. Something subversive, something ancient, something real. Now that I am aware of this Mystic Nation, I'm looking for those who are part of the movement. Alex mentions that his discovery of The Mystic Nation began with a simple e-mail that looked like spam. But from that e-mail he began getting hints, and coming closer to discovering this Mystic Nation. I wonder, now that I've heard about it, when my e-mail will arrive.
I like a quote from one of Alex's narratives, “Warriors needed in a quest to save the universe one planet at a time starting with Earth. Safe return doubtful.” I'm ruined to the things of this world, and want to invite many of you who check this site to join the quest for the Mystic Nation. Thoughts? Comments? Let 'em fly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is up man Its so good to hear from you I hope that everything is going great I talked to Tim today that was fun oh yeah and I've made a big change in my life I'm going into ministry so I'm excited about thatI just don't know where to start do you have any advice? Well its good to hear from you comment me back when you get this!!!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

I am interested in the unseen. It is only with the eyes Christ gives that we can see the unseen.
And, hey Ryan! Glad to hear from you. We're still in Lubbock, living at the same place. Come see us! I'd love to visit with you about your new calling.