Hey gang! I'm at the Youth Minister's Conclave for a little while, and haven't had time to post. I've got some ideas already rolling around for my next post, and promise I will get to it soon. Just wanted to post a couple things to pray for:
1. I'm here marketing my speaking ministry, so pray that God will connect me with the people that I need to be involved with to assist their ministries. Pray also that I don't feel so much like a pimp. It's been rough, but I've spent most of my time just hanging with guys and if they ask what I'm doing now, I give them a card and a brochure. It hasn't been too bad.
2. I have a meeting Wednesday night with the Elders from a church here in Arlington that is considering being the sponsor church for The Journey. This would be huge for us. Pray that the meeting will go well, but more importantly that the meeting will be a time with God so we all know what His will is in this. I'll give you more about that after all the meetings have happened, should they go well.
3. As always, I miss my family, epecially my wife. We had an incredible week last week, coming off a rough couple days, and I hate that I'm not home right now with my best friend. Of course, Conclave is always cool because I get to spend time with the guys and gals that I've been in the trenches with over the years as Youth Ministers. But it's nothing like getting to spend time with my favorite person, Caryn. Pray that I'll not be too homesick!
4. I'm running more and more guys that are in the same situation as I am in life and ministry. At one point, I was sitting with 3 other church planters who are struggling with finances, ministry, and planting in general. I'm amazed at how many of us there are out there chasing God and paying dearly for it. Pray that I will be a source of encouragment to so many of these guys. Pray also that some progressive thinkers will begin stepping up and investing in the ministry that God is calling us to. I can't help but think that there are people out there that God is leading to support missional, relational ministries. Pray that we will be connected. Pray for one of my dearest friends whose family has really suffered through this process. Pray for the pieces to fall into place for him.
5. And remember, I'm praying for you, too. Your prayers, love, and support are precious to me. Thanks for all you do.
“Gaze At God… Glance At Life” Wallpaper
7 months ago